Coleman Heat / Cool Digital Wall Thermostat for Coleman Heat Pump
6535-3442 - Coleman Digital True Air Thermostat Black 2 Stage
Installation instructions for the stat 6535-3442: (when replacing 6535-335)
1. Please cut the three pin from the old (original) thermostat as close the back of the stat as possible. Leaving plenty of wires hanging from the three pin plug
2. When the new stat arrives, cut the four pin plug as close to the plug as possible leaving plenty of wires hanging from the back of the stat.
3. The orange/white wire on the new stat is not utilized (simply cap off).
4. Match the other three wires (color to color) from the three pin plug removed from the original stat (heat shrink wrap, wire tie or butt connect.
5. Plug the new stat (6535-3442) into the three pin and nine pin plugs hanging from the wall. This should be a complete replacement.
6. *Note* the nine pin will be short one wire on the new stat as this wire is no longer needed. All is well – these installation instructions are from Coleman directly and will result with a successful replacement!
***Please allow 5-7 days for delivery***
Posted by joe on 20th Sep 2012
Hello the stat looks the same and works fine except for one thing, it doesn't activate the heat pump. this t-stat was to replace my original according to your office and the literature I got off the internet. But it doesn't fulfill every operation. ????? joe
Posted by Jim on 18th Jun 2012
My air conditioner (heat pump) was doing strange things like cutting off and sometimes not coming on at all. I bought this thermostat and only had to change the three-wire connector. My system now works as should.
I would recommend this thermostat to anyone.
All prices are in USD.